NEW YORK CITY
Discover the best New York tips hand in hand with Valeria Aresti.
Día 1. Brooklyn & East Village.
– Oh no, we’re late!
– Wow, what an amazing building the studio is in, right?
– Yeah, it’s Brooklyn Navy Yard. I’ve been told
that all the arms that were sent to Europe
during the Second World War left from here.
Artist’s studio in Bushwick.
Lunch at Peter Luger.
– I’m dying for a good New York steak!
– Have you tried the ‘Holy Cow’ Hot Fudge Sundae? It will bring a tear to your eye!
– I need a nap.
– What do you mean! It’s the Triennial.
- Let’s make the most of it and pop into Karma (gallery).
- OK, and then we’ll walk back home. We need to burn off some calories for dinner!
– You sure you want to go out for dinner? I’m jet-lagged.
– Definitely! I’m not going to miss the Cacio e Pepe!
Day 2. Chelsea
– You had better hurry, we’re meeting my brother Javier for breakfast; it’s his birthday.
– Where? At Café Kitsuné. He’s been obsessed with it ever since he found out that it appears in Sex and the City!
ARTIST'S STUDIO IN DUMBO (BROOKLYN).
ARTIST'S STUDIO IN BUSHWICK
– I can’t believe we’ve got the address wrong.
– You’re going to have to explain it to the artist. We’re one hour late...
– Hurrying to Pearl Oyster House. This has already become a classic.
– How good is the Lobster roll!
– We’ll have to bring some home for the next opening…
– Lobster Roll by Fahrenheit... Sounds good to me! (laughs)
– Galleries in Chelsea.
– You sure about our route?
– Yeah, are you wearing trainers? (laughs). The plan is to go to all the galleries between 18th and 24th Street (between 10th and 11th Avenue). Also, Petzel, Zwirner, Gladstone, Hauser, Luhring Augustine, Greene Naftali and Gagosian are always safe bets.
– I want to go to Little Island.
– What is it? It’s not a restaurant, is it? (laughs)
– No, not at all! It’s the new floating park on the Hudson river.
– I thought my brother’s birthday in the Korean place was going to be a BBQ.
– Yeah, me too, but AtoBoy is amazing. I can’t believe your brother knows about it.
– Yeah... totally different, but so good.
Day 3. Tribeca + Downtown
RUSS & DAUGHTERS.
– Come on. Let’s go for a walk to get
a smoked salmon bagel.
– What are you on about! It’s a two-kilometre walk!
– We've got plenty of time.
– You are obsessed with food.
– I’m so excited to see the Jennifer
Packer exhibition! She’s one of those artists that is
worth your while. She has a bright future ahead.
– Wow, it’s really changed round here,
– It’s the hippest neighbourhood now. You wouldn’t believe
the transformation that’s happened in the last
five years. Chapter NY,
Bortolami,Canada, James Cohan,
Zwirner, and Luhring Augustine have all opened here, among others…
– Lunch at Odeon.
– A classic.
– I always come here, especially with artists.
– Shall we go to Chinatown?
– Why don’t you see what exhibitions you fancy going to on the See Saw app.
– I’ve marked Bridget Donahue, Miguel Abreu, Helena Anrather, Reena Spaulings and Tramps on the map.
– Tramps’s location is amazing.
– Dinner at Indochine with artists.
It’s so noisy! I can’t hear anything!
– Yeah, it’s so NYC…–
– And what’s more it’s all in English!
– Just pretend you understand everything!
(laughs). Just say ‘yes’ (laughs).
– We get home FINALLY!
Restez en contact et recevez les dernières nouvelles,
recettes et conseils santé de Cristine Bedford.
Follow us on Instagram